All of the preparations by the pet owner merely help for a successful boarding experience for your pet. As a responsible pet owner, there are a few things you must attend to before bringing your pet into boarding:
- Make sure all immunizations are current.
- Rabies, 1-3 years (kitty six months of age)
- FVRCP 1-3 years
- FeLV, recommended but not required
- All vaccinations records must be from a licensed Veterinarian.
- Your cat should be free of internal and external parasites and not have been exposed to any contagious disease (at least 48hrs, previous boarding).
- Inform the staff if your cat has any special needs, such as medication, allergies or health problems.
- Do not feed your cat at least 4 hours prior transportation, to minimize upset stomach.
- In most cases, it is better to bring your cat’s own food to avoid stomach problems during boarding. At our centre we provide premium cat food at no extra cost.
- To give your cat some comfort, toy and beds from home are always welcome. Bedding needs to be machine washable.
We reserve the right to deny admittance to pets that lack proof of vaccinations, pets displaying signs of untreated or potentially contagious health conditions and/or aggressive behaviour. We reserve the right to charge handling fees for excessively difficult or aggressive pets, requiring additional staff and/ or additional time in order that we may deliver the proper care.
Any cat requiring medical attention will be taken to the Veterinarian. Charges will be at the owner’s expense. Every effort will be taken to contact pet owner or emergency contact prior to treatment.
Upon admission for services, your signature of contract acknowledges your awareness and acceptance of our policies. Minimum age for all services is 3 months, with minimum first sets of vaccinations.
Each cat is assigned an individual three-level cat suite. Cats from the same home can share a large cat suite. The Cat Room is supervised by experienced staff, ensuring your cat’s constant care and safety..